I have returned to the desert southwest- to my hometown of Albuquerque, New Mexico where the Rio Grande meanders through the Bosque and its infamous cottonwoods, quickly gaining high desert elevation to foothills with incredible trails leading up to majestic mountains. Sandia Mountain oversees all of Albuquerque and nearby vicinities, in fact hundreds of miles of visibility from the top. Driving up the backside, the green side, takes you up past the ski area all the way to The Crest; or take the tram to Sandia Peak, which you can see in our Ballast a Ship video.
The choice-less choice of music is always here, and ever evolving.
Shelley Barratt – Singer-Songwriter, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele, Keys, Percussion, and other odd instrumentation
Shelley Barratt is an artist, writer, singer, and songwriter whose unique and melodic songs have had minor acclaim. Shelley has performed at festivals, for minor league sports and state fairs, and at venues from Nashville to San Jose. She has hosted acoustic and women’s showcases, and created music for modern dance, special occasions and visual media. Shelley’s music has piqued the interest of dancers, authors and visionaries, and she has collaborated with recording artists signed to indie and major record labels. A music fan herself as well as a “Jill of All Trades” with a penchant for high-tech and creative business ventures, Shelley is always on the lookout for interesting projects.
- Water from Heaven Collection Album, Shelley Barratt Music 2013 (includes the following singles, post-Origin of Flight, plus 5 never-released songs not accessible via digital download)
- Sappy Baseball Movies Single, Shelley Barratt Music 2013
- Met Single, Shelley Barratt Music 2012
- Lay My Body Down Single, Shelley Barratt Music 2011
- The Traveler Single, Shelley Barratt Music 2011
- Wandering Sun Single, Shelley Barratt Music 2011
- Balance Single, Shelley’s project with DJ Anthony Ash, Blue House Red Door 2011
- Underground Single, Shelley’s band, 5 Revolving Doors 2010
- Ballast a Ship Single, Shelley’s band, 5 Revolving Doors 2009
- Origin of Flight Album, Shelley Barratt 2004
- Seed Time Album, Sub Culture (Shelley’s “Old” Band) 1990
WRITING with part instinct and part intuition, Shelley’s songs draw comparisons from Joni Mitchell to Madonna, Loreena McKennitt to Dan Fogelberg, The Eagles to Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow to Peter Gabriel. “Good groove. Cool imagery, theme,” –Billboard; “The powerful combination musically and lyrically creates a sound that is truly unique and refreshing. Barratt’s music provides a breath of fresh air,” –GoGirls Music; “Shelley’s music has merit overall but what makes her distinct is her songwriting… catchy rock-pop-folk tunes… blissful… rhythmic… curious,” –IMG Music; “I am enjoying the CD and hope to see more of your work on the market soon. All the best,” –Terry Brooks, Author; “You sing with your heart. Nothing under the heavens can stop that,” –Henderson Jones, Filmmaker.
Listen to, watch, and find links to Shelley Songs HERE
I have had the pleasure of working with all kinds of amazing musicians over the years. THANK YOU to all of the very talented musicians and artists who I have shared songs, albums, stages, and dance floors with over the years!